Welcome to Online
Registration for the Fall 2012
Bicycle Traffic Skills 101 Class
“Even after 4,000 miles of bike touring and three years of bike commuting in Washington, D.C. I learned so much in this class I became an instructor” ~Cindy Green
Bicycling to work, for errands or exercise can be safe and enjoyable. The League of American Bicyclists
“Smart Cycling – Traffic Skills 101” class gives cyclists the confidence they need to ride safely,
and legally, on streets. Learn principles of riding with traffic, predicting and
avoiding motorist errors, bike handling skills, basic bicycle maintenance, and
The classes are sponsored by the City of Spokane as part of the Comprehensive Educational Program grant from the Washington State Department of Transportation to help reduce collisions involving bicyclists and pedestrians.
* The class will be taught
by certified instructor Eileen Hyatt and includes a student manual.
* The class are recommended for adults and children above age 15,
students age 15 to 17 must have a parent present.
* Class hours are spent both in the classroom and on street settings to
prepare cyclists for a full understanding of vehicular cycling.
* A bicycle in good condition and a helmet are required.
* Class size is limited to 12 participants. The minimum class size is
6 participants. If for any reason a cancellation of the Session is required, switch to alternative dates will be offered.
* All entries will be provided a Scholarship value of $40 provided as part of the Comprehensive Educational Program grant awarded to the City of Spokane from the Washington State Department of
Transportation with the purpose to help reduce collisions involving bicyclists and pedestrians.
* Net cost to registrants is a $10 non-refundable registration admin fee.
**** Sept 19, 4:30 - 8:30 p.m. (Wednesday) & Sept 22, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Saturday),
WSU Spokane South Campus Facility Room 255 (Next to the Bookie off East Spokane
Falls Blvd and N Sherman. Questions/Details contact
Let Traffic Skills 101 help you Ride
Safely out there!
Scroll down to "Register Online" to
complete a class registration. Immediate confirmation of a successful
registration will be by direct email to the address provided and by registrant
name being added to the "Search Registrations" list below.
Charges for the $10 admin fee will appear on your credit card statement in the
name of Virtual Roster.